VOIID have recently been picked up by Select Music which makes them even more of a powerhouse than they already are. This girl band has been making waves and isn't showing any signs of slowing down. Playing the Rabbit Stage at Shakafest this year, Christian Kafritsas asked the girls a few questions.... Check it out below!
1. You’ve managed be one of the busiest yet, most loved Australian punk bands in 2018. How would you describe the past 12 months?
The past twelve months have been absolutely insane. We’ve supported great bands and have had great bands support us, played almost everywhere in Australia, met some really great people and made a name for ourselves that we worked real hard for. All we can say is it’s nice that our work is paying off!
2. Your picking up more and more fans with each single release, can we expect any new songs on the setlist? For the meantime while we’re working on an upcoming release full of songs we’ve had in the set for a short while, no, however we may throw in a new cover to keep things interesting.
3. So, for part of the band Gold Coast is home. Are you stoked to be part of Shakafest in front of the local crowd?
Definitely! Shakafest last year was heaps of fun, and this year we’re playing with heaps of friends so it’s gonna be a time for sure.
4. How prepared are you to not only annoy the fuck out of the neighbours, but the whole of Southport during your set at Shakafest?
Annoying people is kinda our forte, we’re always prepared for that.
5. If you could join one another band on stage that’s also on the Shakafest line-up, who would it be?
This is a tough one.. We’d have to go with either Clowns or Frenzal Rhomb.
6. If you had to pick between the two, which would you prefer. Listen to someone scratch a chalkboard through headphones or watch Smash Mouth’s ‘All Star’ music video on repeat?
Either option will send us all deaf, but I think we’ll opt for All Star.
7. Who did ‘Sound of Silence’ the best, Simon and Garfunkel or Disturbed?
Simon and Garfunkel, that is undeniable.
8. Lastly, what would it take for you to close your set at Shakafest with Whitney Houston’s version of ‘I Will Always Love You’?
Literally nothing. We’ll learn it now.
lennoxgroove [at] gmail.com for all press releases and news.
nath [at] lennoxgroove.com for all artist management and bookings requests.
ben [at] lennoxgroove.com for all music submissions.